Light On Anxiety offers CBT based treatment for children and adolescents experiencing anxiety and related conditions. We provide you and your child with the tools to decrease anxiety and increase life satisfaction.
CBT for child and adolescent anxiety entails:
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Development of customized CBT based treatment plan
- Cognitive therapy to learn to “talk back” to worry thoughts
- Age appropriate mindfulness training, where your child will learn to disengage from anxiety and fear
- Guided exposure therapy to all feared stimuli
- Parent coaching and support
- Relapse prevention
Dr. Kissen, Executive Director of Light on Anxiety CBT Treatment Center, describes what CBT is and how it helps treat anxiety disorders.
Helping Your Child or Teen Move Past Anxiety
Watch child and adolescent anxiety experts, Emily Bilek, PhD and Debra Kissen, PhD for an open discussion on all things child/teen anxiety.
Topics that are discussed include:
- What is the difference between normal stress and anxiety?
- When is it time to get help?
- How do I talk to my child about anxiety? – What treatments are available for anxiety?