Last Updated: September 29, 2022
YOUR CONSENT TO THIS POLICY. By using the Site or the Customer Services, you expressly consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this Policy. By using the Site and the Customer Services, you accept and agree to the practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Site or the Customer Services or provide us with any personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT: We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, or birth date.
- Payment information, such as credit card information, insurance information, and billing address.
- Health information, such physical or psychological state of health, medical history, medical treatment or diagnosis, and health care provider information and notes.
- Government identifiers, such as national and governmental identification information, passport information, citizenship information, visa information, and drivers’ license information.
- Demographic information, such as age, race, ethnicity, gender, marital status, and military service information.
- Communications data, such as when you communicate with us or others on the Site or through the Customer Services, such as when you request additional information about our products and services or provide us feedback. We also collect communications data when you interact with us on social media, such as by tagging us and/or our products or services or otherwise permitting us to follow your social media profile.
- Audio information, such as call recordings when you speak with our customer service.
- Internet activity, such as your device’s hardware model, browser type, IP address, operating system version, language settings, unique device identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Browsing activity, such as information about your activity on the Site via log files, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Examples of such data include your access times, pages viewed, your Internet service provider (ISP), media access control (MAC) address, and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies we deploy on our Services.
- Professional information, such as personal information from our health care providers related to our health care providers’ practice, such as license information, disciplinary history, legal and regulatory proceedings, and other due diligence information.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may use or may have used the personal information we have about you in the following ways:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, payment information, health information, demographics information, government identifiers, communications data, audio information and professional information, in order to perform our contractual obligations, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Respond to You. We use your contact information, communications data, and audio information to respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, internet activity, audio information and professional information to protect the Site, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Product Improvement. We use your communications data to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your internet activity, to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Educational Materials. We use your contact information and communications information to provide you with newsletters, articles, alerts, announcements, invitations, and other information about our products and services.
- Troubleshooting. We use your browsing information to debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of the Site
- Comply with applicable legal requirements. We may use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations with respect to law enforcement requests and HIPAA compliance.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may collect or may have collected personal information about you from various sources.
- We collect information directly from you: We collect personal information directly from you when you create an account with us, complete a webform on the Site, engage with our chat bot or speak with our customer service.
- From our business partners and service providers: We may collect your personal information from our payment processors, analytics providers, and other third parties that we work with.
- From our health care providers: We may collect your personal information from our health care providers.
- From our affiliates: We may obtain your personal information from affiliates that you have interacted with.
- Third-party social media and communication services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Instagram, that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools), but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services;
- We may combine information from different sources. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online, or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have. If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for such third parties’ own marketing or advertising purposes. We do, however, share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Our Service Providers: We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services, such as data hosting and storage and payment processing. We call them our service providers. We only provide our service providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our service providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours. Since our service providers are located around the world, please note that these disclosures involve cross-border transfers of your personal information as described in the “Data Transfers” section below.
- Our Affiliates: We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us—our affiliates.
- Our health care providers: We may disclose your personal information to the health care providers, pharmacies, or other persons or entities working on your behalf, including without limitation, for arranging appointments or communications, providing telehealth or other health care services as part of the Customer Services, obtaining medication, or for payment or health care operations purposes.
- Corporate Transactions: We may share personal information with parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
- Law Enforcement and Courts: In certain instances we may share your personal information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to us or to others. We may also disclose your personal information when we believe the law or legal process requires it. We may be required or permitted by law to share your personal information, without prior notice to you, to maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of ours and perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of the Site and/or the general public, including but not limited to, reporting adverse reactions to certain items, product recalls, preventing disease, and for health research purposes.
- Social Media Networks: When you choose to interact with the social media plugins on the Site, we may share your personal information with such social media networks.
- Aggregated, Anonymized or De-identified Data. We may also share aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We retain personal information in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if such personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
SECURITY. We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures designed to protect your personal information. Nonetheless, no such security measures are ever 100% effective; therefore, we do not guarantee that your personal information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access, disclosure or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such personal information. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us at [email protected].
YOUR CHOICES. Consistent with applicable law, you may exercise any of the choices described in this section. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
- Opting Out of Mailings. The Site provides you with the opportunity to agree to receive communications from us. If at any time you wish to stop receiving communications from us please send us an email to [email protected] with the phrase “Privacy Opt-out: Mailings” in the subject line and we will remove you from our mailing list. Alternatively, for e-mail communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions set forth at the bottom of our promotional e-mail messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business transactions.
- Correction. You may correct your personal information by emailing us at [email protected].
- Access & Data Portability. In certain jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request access to or copies of your personal information. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible). You may make access and data portability requests by emailing us at [email protected].
- Deletion. In certain jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request deletion of your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information, we may retain and/or use your personal information as otherwise permitted under applicable law. You may make a deletion request by emailing us at [email protected].
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS. For the reasons and purposes set forth in this Policy, the personal information that we collect may be transferred to and stored or otherwise processed in the United States and other locations. We also transfer personal information to service providers that process personal information for us in the United States and other locations. While in another jurisdiction for processing, your personal information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction. These jurisdictions may not provide the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. If you choose to provide us with your information, you consent to such data transfers.
PROTECTING CHILDREN. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 on the Site or through Customer Services unless this information is explicitly provided to us on an intake form by the child’s parent and with that parent’s consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that any of your children has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY. This Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. You should review this Policy periodically so that you keep up to date on our most current policies and practices. We will post a prominent notice on the Site to notify you of any significant changes to our privacy practices and indicate at the top of the Policy when it was last updated.
WHO CAN YOU CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION? If you have any questions or suggestions about the Site or this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].