Light On Anxiety Parent Management Training for Child & Adolescent Anxiety offers a CBT-based, action-oriented treatment approach. We provide you with the tools to decrease your child’s anxiety and enhance your family’s well-being and functioning. overall life satisfaction. We offer flexible scheduling to accommodate you and your family’s busy life.
Light On Anxiety Parent Coaching services offers you action oriented tools and skill enhancement exercises to assist you in guiding your child towards enhanc…
Parent Training Program Includes:
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Development of customized CBT based treatment plan
- Cognitive therapy to learn to “talk back” to your child’s worry thoughts
- Mindfulness training to assist you in compassionately disengaging from the power struggles with your child’s anxiety and instead place your energy back on valued living
- Training on how to use praise/positive reinforcement to encourage your child to behave more effectively and how to deploy consistent consequences when your child engages in ineffective behaviors
- Exposure therapy training so you can effectively coach your child to approach vs. avoid feared stimuli
- Relapse prevention training
LOA values a team based approach where parents play an active role in the CBT treatment plan. Your participation will be a key component in the creation and implementation of a successful CBT treatment plan for your child. Even if your child is not yet ready to engage directly in therapy, by changing the way you respond to their anxious thoughts and behaviors, you can assist your child in extinguishing vs. reinforcing their anxiety. Be prepared for hard but important work that will guide your child past stress and anxiety as rapidly as possible.!
Kids are feeling more anxiety these days, especially in elite public high schools. That’s according to a recent series by the Chicago Tribune and Pioneer Press. The pressure for good grades – nailing that placement test – and juggling extra-curricular activities to boost college applications are taking their toll.