Light on Anxiety Parent Management Training for Child & Adolescent Anxiety offers a CBT-based, action-oriented treatment approach. We provide you with the tools to decrease your child’s anxiety and enhance your family’s well-being and functioning. overall life satisfaction. We offer flexible scheduling to accommodate you and your family’s busy life.
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Development of customized CBT based treatment plan
- Cognitive therapy to learn to “talk back” to your child’s worry thoughts
- Mindfulness training to assist you in compassionately disengaging from the power struggles with your child’s anxiety and instead place your energy back on valued living
- Exposure therapy training so you can effectively coach your child to approach vs. avoid feared stimuli
- Relapse prevention training
LOA values a team based approach where parents play an active role in the CBT treatment plan. Therefore, it is required that atleast one parent attends each appointment. You will either be actively involved in the whole session or part of the session, depending on clinical recommendations of your LOA therapist but no matter what, your participation will be a key component in the creation and implementation of a successful CBT treatment plan for your child. So be prepared for hard but important work that will assist your child in moving past stress and anxiety as rapidly as possible!
Kids are feeling more anxiety these days, especially in elite public high schools. That’s according to a recent series by the Chicago Tribune and Pioneer Press. The pressure for good grades – nailing that placement test – and juggling extra-curricular activities to boost college applications are taking their toll.
Dr. Kissen, Executive Director of Light on Anxiety CBT Treatment Center, describes how common anxiety disorders are in children and adolescents.