Light on Anxiety Treatment Center of Chicago Child & Adolescent Anxiety Program offers a CBT based, action oriented treatment approach. We provide you and your child with the tools to decrease anxiety and increase life satisfaction. We offer flexible scheduling to accommodate you and your child’s busy life.
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Development of customized CBT based treatment plan
- Cognitive therapy to learn to “talk back” to worry thoughts
- Age appropriate mindfulness training, where your child will learn to disengage from anxiety and fear
- Guided exposure therapy to all feared stimuli
- Parent coaching and support through individual treatment as well as access to weekly “Raising Your Anxious Child” discussion group
- Relapse prevention through ongoing contact with program staff
LOA values a team based approach where parents play an active role in the CBT treatment plan. Therefore, it is required that atleast one parent attends each appointment. You will either be actively involved in the whole session or part of the session, depending on clinical recommendations of your LOA therapist but no matter what, your participation will be a key component in the creation and implementation of a successful CBT treatment plan for your child. So be prepared for hard but important work that will assist your child in moving past stress and anxiety as rapidly as possible!
Kids are feeling more anxiety these days, especially in elite public high schools. That’s according to a recent series by the Chicago Tribune and Pioneer Press. The pressure for good grades – nailing that placement test – and juggling extra-curricular activities to boost college applications are taking their toll.
Dr. Kissen, Executive Director of Light on Anxiety CBT Treatment Center, describes how common anxiety disorders are in children and adolescents.