Light on Anxiety Treatment Center of Chicago Child & Adolescent Anxiety Program offers a CBT based, action oriented treatment approach. We provide you and your child with the tools to decrease anxiety and increase life satisfaction. We offer flexible scheduling to accommodate you and your child’s busy life.
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Development of customized CBT based treatment plan
- Cognitive therapy to learn to “talk back” to worry thoughts
- Age appropriate mindfulness training, where your child will learn to disengage from anxiety and fear
- Guided exposure therapy to all feared stimuli
- Parent coaching and support through individual treatment as well as access to weekly “Raising Your Anxious Child” discussion group
- Relapse prevention through ongoing contact with program staff
Dr. Kissen, Executive Director of Light on Anxiety CBT Treatment Center, describes how common anxiety disorders are in children and adolescents.
Help your child work through the frustration and distraction during homework time by coaching them through a Brain Break! The article below explains what this type of break looks like and how it helps to reduce stress in kids with anxiety, learning differences, and attention difficulties.